UrbanPlanten is a learning center for urban agriculture and sustainability. The aim is to promote green innovation in Urbanplanen (social housing area in Copenhagen), where residents can grow their own vegetables and meet in green surroundings.
UrbanPlanten is a co-operation between City of Copenhagen, 3B social housing association and Miljøpunkt Amager environmental centre. And built with additional support from Realdania social enterprise. It is situated on two neighboring manned playgrounds:
- Bondegården “The Farm” – a working farm with chickens, rabbits, goats, pigs, horses, cows and bees. Children can ride on ponies, pet the animals and help care for them.
- Byggeren “The Builder” – a construction playground, where children can build and work with wood, fix their bikes, play games and have their own small gardens.
Opening hours and contact
- Bondegården “The Farm”: monday-friday 9:30-17:00, and saturday-sunday 9:30-16:00
tel: +45 32 58 39 63, email: email@example.com
- Byggeren “The Builder”: monday-friday 9:30-17:00
tel: +45 32 58 67 70, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- UrbanPlanten green activities: wednesday 15:00-17:00
project coordinator and gardener, Jann Kuusisaari
We are located at southern part of Copenhagen (Amager), in a housing area called Urbanplanen, in the Remiseparken green area.
Nearest metro station: “DR Byen” (10 minutes walk). Busses: 33, 35 and 78, bus stop “Tingvej”, or 77 bus stop “Knapmagerstien” (just a couple of minutes walk).
Peder Lykkes Vej 71-73